What do you expect from your favorite restaurant or the local pub? Good service? Cleanliness? A hot and delicious meal?
What about safety?
Here in Florida, restaurateurs owe their patrons a number of legal duties, not the least of which is the duty to make reasonable efforts to keep customers safe from illness, injury, and harm. So when accidents do happen inside a bar or restaurant — and it happens more often than you might think — the victims often end up seeking compensation for their injuries from the establishment’s owners.
Here at Kaire & Heffernan, LLC, we understand how important a safe and reliable restaurant experience is. When you sit down for a drink or a meal, you have the right to expect that the owners are taking care of you while you’re there. If they create dangerous conditions that ultimately lead to your illness or injury, we can help you recover financial compensation pursuant to personal injury law.
Restaurant Liability Examples
The most common sources of restaurant liability include:
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Foodborne illnesses (including food poisoning)
- Burns (hot coffee, soups, food platters, or mechanical equipment)
- Electrical shock
- Injury involving knives or other serving utensils
- Serving alcohol to a known drunkard or minor (“dram shop liability”)
- Failure to provide adequate security and lighting in parking lots, restrooms, alleyways, or valet areas
- Auto accidents involving valet drivers
- Failure to have security staff on hand in bars where violence might be likely
- Failure to address known problems relating to security, fights, or other safety concerns
Get Help from Our Miami Premises Liability Attorneys
If you or a loved one has suffered injury in a restaurant, bar, or any other establishment in Florida, the negligent security attorneys at Kaire & Heffernan, LLC can help.
We take these cases on a contingency basis, which means that we won’t charge a fee for our services unless and until there’s a successful outcome in your case. We also offer an initial consultation at no charge whatsoever. Contact us right away to set one up today.
- $4.3 Million for Sports Fan Assaulted at Restaurant
- Fast Food Employees at Increased Risk of Injury, Robbery
- Dozens Injured After Restaurant Deck Collapses
- Kaire & Heffernan Negligent Security Results and Settlements
Mark Kaire has been practicing law in Miami for nearly 15 years. He is dedicated to helping the injured people of Miami receive compensation. Mr. Kaire has been blogging on Miami’s legal issues for 4 years.