Kaire & Heffernan Community Scholarships for Florida Students
Miami Injury Lawyers Offer Scholarship for Florida High School Seniors
Kaire & Heffernan, LLC is proud to offer a very special scholarship opportunity to students in The Sunshine State.
The Kaire & Heffernan, LLC Community Scholarship for Florida High School students is available to promising young students in the state of Florida whose involvement in their communities reflects the values that we cherish at Kaire & Heffernan, LLC.
Through this opportunity, we hope to recognize a student who is actively engaged in trying to make the world a better, safer, and more charitable place. In particular, the scholarship will be awarded to a student with a history of volunteering for non-profit organizations in their community.
As an added bonus to the scholarship winner’s dedication, Kaire & Heffernan will be donating $500 to the Non-profit where they spent time volunteering.
As attorneys, we understand that community service is no mere gesture. On the contrary, it has a real and measurable impact on our neighbors, loved ones, and friends.
Our business is predicated on helping other people. From auto accident and medical malpractice victims, to the parents of children who have suffered catastrophic injuries. We spend our days pursuing justice.
We see first hand the real price of careless behavior, and we believe that young people can make a valuable contribution to the safety and wellness of their communities.
We also recognize the very high costs of higher education in this country. Having benefited from higher education ourselves, we hope to see more bright students enjoy access to all that America’s places of learning have to offer.
Ultimately, we hope to inspire young Floridians and Americans to invest themselves in the outside world and, perhaps, even consider the practice of law as their own professional endeavor.
The scholarship will award one student with the following:
- A check in the amount of $1,000.00, made payable to the recipient’s chosen educational institution, to be used solely for the purposes of tuition and related expenses
- A check in the amount of $500.00, made payable as a donation to the local non-profit organization where the winning student volunteered his or her time
We will choose one eligible high school senior during each year in which the scholarships are offered (currently the 2016 – 2017 school year).
NOTE: Each recipient is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
Eligibility guidelines and application instructions are outlined below.
Eligibility for the Kaire & Heffernan, LLC Community Scholarship for Florida High School Students
To apply for the Kaire & Heffernan, LLC Community Scholarship for Florida High School Students, you must first meet all of the following eligibility guidelines:
- Currently enrolled as a senior in a Florida high school and accepted to an accredited 4-year college or university program
- Current resident of the State of Florida and the United States of America
- Applicant must have volunteered time at a local Florida 501©(3) non-profit.
- Full list of Undergraduate Scholarship requirements
How to Apply
Eligible students who would like to be considered for the scholarship should submit a short essay (1 to 3 pages) describing his or her experiences while volunteering or otherwise working with a non-profit organization in the student’s local community. The essay should describe how the experience has helped to define the student’s values or impacted the student’s education and life.
We are happy to consider a wide range of non-profit organizations and volunteer activities. It is not necessary for the organization/activity to have been legal in nature or related to the practice of law.
Each application must include the following:
- A filled out Undergraduate Scholarship Application:
- typed essay, as described above (1-3 pages)
- An official and complete copy of your high school transcripts
- Proof of legal residency in the United States (i.e. birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.)
- Proof of enrollment in, acceptance to, and/or application to an accredited four year college or university
- Letter of recommendation from 501©(3) non-profit where you volunteered your time (optional, but encouraged).
Please submit completed applications to email@example.com
The application deadline for the scholarship is July 17th, 2017.
Questions about the scholarship should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call the firm with questions regarding the scholarship.
We Applaud Volunteerism
We are proud of the many bright minds and caring hearts we find in the schools, colleges, and universities throughout Florida and across America.
Thank you for this opportunity to shine a spotlight on the good work you are doing in your own communities. We can’t wait to hear all about it.
We extend our best wishes to anyone and everyone who might apply.
Read about Kaire & Heffernan’s previous scholarship recipient.