In recent decades, riding a bicycle has evolved into more than just a recreational activity for Miami residents. Many choose to use a bike as their primary mode of transportation, especially over reasonably short distances. For example, biking to work or school is now commonplace in many Florida communities.
Even though all who use roads and sidewalks share in the responsibility to keep each other safe, motor vehicle accidents affecting cyclists occur all too often. Seeking a legal remedy is your right after suffering injuries in a crash caused by someone’s negligence. However, most residents agree that avoiding a crash altogether is the best approach to remain injury-free. The tips below can help you stay safe from collisions while biking in Miami.
- Slow down and look in all directions for traffic when crossing streets and intersections
- Always ride your bike in the same direction as traffic
- Avoid using devices like phones and music players while biking
- Make sure people in vehicles can see you by waving or making eye contact
- Obey all traffic laws to increase your safety and clear you of blame if a crash occurs
- Improve your visibility while biking at night by wearing bright and reflective clothing
If you suffer severe injuries from a motor vehicle accident while riding your bicycle, consider reaching out for legal guidance. This step helps you acquire significant financial compensation to manage your injuries properly and get back to your way of life as quickly as possible. Calling out another party’s negligent actions by filing an injury claim can also help others like you avoid suffering a similar fate.
For More Information and a Free Consultation if you have been injured in a Miami Bicycle Accident please don’t hesitate to reach out to our experienced Miami Bicycle Accident Lawyers today!
Mark Kaire has been practicing law in Miami for nearly 30 years. He is dedicated to helping the injured people of Miami receive compensation. Mr. Kaire has been blogging on Miami’s legal issues for many years.