Medical Malpractice Overview
Miami, Florida Medical Malpractice Attorney
Hospital Errors • Surgical Errors • Failure to Diagnose
Our society entrusts medical professionals with a great responsibility. And most doctors have the training and presence of mind to live up to that responsibility admirably. But sometimes, unmistakable negligence leads to terrible results.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries as the result of medical malpractice, we can help. Lawyer Mark Kaire has built a reputation for his ability to handle complex, serious injuries - tenaciously pursuing a just settlement in the face of staunch opposition and potentially complicated legal issues.
For a free consultation, call 305-372-0123 or call 866-769-0123 toll-free. You can also contact us online and we'll respond as soon as we possibly can. For information specific to your medical malpractice case, follow the links below:
- Improperly Treated Strokes: When someone has a stroke, every second counts. Too often, doctors miss the obvious warning signs …
- Stroke Malpractice by Hospitals: If you're at high risk of stroke, you may be placed in a hospital's stroke center for observation. It should guarantee proper care, but it doesn't always …
- Pulmonary Embolism: Pulmonary embolisms are often fatal, and doctors are supposed to be able to recognize the risks to keep them from happening unnecessarily …
- Improper Surgical Techniques: Sometimes, doctors attempt to perform surgery that they aren't qualified for. Mistakes can cause disability or death …
- Retinal Detachment: If gone untreated, retinal detachment can cause permanent disability and blindness …
Attorney Mark Kaire is fully fluent in Spanish. If Spanish is your first language, make sure your attorney can understand you.
Working With Experts to Grasp the Science Behind the Negligence
Medical malpractice is one of the most complex areas of personal injury law. In order to effectively handle medical malpractice, a lawyer must first work to comprehend the science behind the medicine, the injury and the negligence.
At The Law Offices of Mark A. Kaire, P.A., we work with experts to analyze injuries from the doctor's perspective. We educate clients, judges and juries to show precisely how the doctor was negligent. It's the only way to achieve the results our clients need.As you go through the process of consulting with medical malpractice lawyers in Miami, Florida, it would help for you to know some facts and statistics associated with medical practice.
Medical Malpractice Statistics1 in 7 Medicare patients in hospitals experience a serious medical error and 44% of these errors are preventable.
98,000 people die nationwide due to medical malpractice and medical negligence.
5.1% of doctors account for 52.4% of medical malpractice payouts.
Injuries Associated with Medical Malpractice ClaimsDeath – 26%
Major Physical Injury – 15%
Significant Physical Injury – 39%
Minor Physical / Emotional / Breach of Consent – 17%
Examples of Medical MalpracticeMiami medical malpractice attorneys will tend to focus their efforts on the following examples of medical malpractice that occur in the city of Miami or within the state of Florida.
1) Failure or delay in treatment
2) Medication errors
3) Nurses failing to follow doctor’s instructions
4) Failure to report a change in a patient’s condition
5) Improper monitoring of a patient during or after surgery
6) Surgical errors and mistakes
7) Failure to take the patient’s medical history into account
8) Patient is discharged before being medically cleared to leave
How to determine if a doctor committed medical malpractice?In order to identify if you have a good case, a qualified Miami medical malpractice lawyer will walk you through the following five areas of qualification that need to have happened.
#1 An Established Patient-Doctor Relationship
In order to file a lawsuit, there must be a patient-doctor relationship. If you sought advice from a non-treating physician or relied on something a doctor said in passing within a casual environment, then you may not have grounds to pursue a medical malpractice lawsuit.
#2 The Doctor was Negligent
If a doctor falls below the standard of care, then the doctor may have committed medical malpractice. The standard of care is based upon how a similarly qualified doctor would have acted in the same circumstances. The doctor is not required to perform at a high level. They are supposed to act in a reasonably skillful and careful manner.
#3 The Medical Negligence Resulted in an Injury
The direct cause of the injury must be the result of the medical malpractice of the doctor. This means that the injury would have only occurred because the doctor was negligent.
#4 The Medical Malpractice Led to Damages
You are basically trying to prove that the negligence that caused the injury lead to damages. Some of the most common damages in medical malpractice cases are physical pain / suffering, mental distress, disability, past / future medical bills, and lost income / earning potential.
#5 Statute of Limitations for Medical Malpractice Has Not Expired
If you believe that you have been a victim of medical malpractice, then it is important that you act quickly and call our offices today. There are time frames associated with how many years a suit can be filed after the medical malpractice occurred.
Miami Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Mark KaireMark has extensive experience as a Miami medical malpractice attorney. He has built a reputation as being one of the top medical malpractice attorneys in Miami.
If you were injured by medical malpractice, we can help. Call 305-372-0123 or 866-769-0123 toll-free any time to schedule a free consultation. You can also contact us online and we'll respond as soon as possible.
- Spinal Cord Injury Facts and Statistics Occurring in numbers too frightening to consider for some, spinal cord injuries take a significant toll each year on families, individuals, and ....
- Plastic Surgery Injury and Negligence Statistics If you or someone you love is considering plastic surgery of any kind, you would be best to become fully aware of all of the risks associated with ....
- Methadone Dangers and Side Effects What is methadone? Methadone is a man-made (synthetic) compound. It is a narcotic (opioid) analgesic. This means it's made by man for the purpose of ....