Car Accident and Auto Accident Injury
Miami, Florida Car Accident Lawyer
Call Toll Free: 866-769-0123 • Free Consultation • ¡Hablamos Español!
The Law Offices of Mark A. Kaire, P.A. is a leading Florida car accident law firm dedicated to providing the highest quality legal representation to auto accident victims in Miami and other areas of Florida. We know a car accident can happen in an instant, but the injuries and disability that result can last a lifetime. Let our family help your family during this time of need.
Automobile accidents are a leading cause of death in Florida , and for the fist time since 2006 the number of deaths are on the rise. Of course Car accidents not only cause death, but they can also lead to serious injuries including, but not limited to paralysis, amputation, brain injuries, broken limbs, and herniated discs.
Drivers have a duty to operate their motor vehicles in a safe manner. If they breach that duty they will be liable for property damage, economic damages, and bodily injury “proximately caused” by their negligence.
Common causes of car accidents are:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Violations of basic traffic and safety laws
- Refusal to adapt driving behavior to road conditions
- Unsafe lane change or intersection crossing
- Refusing to slow down or yield right of way
- Drag racing or speeding on public roads
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Talking or texting while driving
- Driving while otherwise distracted
If you've been in a car accident, you will certainly have a lot of questions:
- Will you get compensation for your Injuries?
- Will you be able to get the medical care you need?
- When — and how — will your medical bills get paid?
- What if you can't work? What if you can never do the work you used to do again?
The answers to some of those questions changed effective January 1, 2013, with the changes to Florida's No Fault Law. Florida Law requires owners of motor vehicles registered in Florida to maintain PIP Insurance. This insurance is commonly referred to as No-Fault insurance, and serves to pay for medical care caused by a car accident. The changes to the law effective January 1, 2013 are:
- An individual must seek initial medical services and care within 14 days after a motor vehicle accident in order to qualify for any benefits.
- PIP will cover up to $10,000 in benefits only if the determination is made that the patient had an"Emergency Medical Condition". Otherwise benefits may be limited to $2,500.
- Only a Medical Doctor or other qualified specialists can make the determination that the patient had an "Emergency Medical Condition".
The one thing that has not changed is that you don't have to face this difficult time alone. At The Law Offices of Mark A. Kaire, P.A., we stand up for the rights of car accident victims and their families. Our goal is to ensure you get full and fair compensation for your injuries, lost wages, and other expenses and that you receive the medical care you need to recover from your car accident injuries.
If you've been injured in a car accident, contact a car accident attorney at our Miami law office online or call toll free at 866-769-0123 for a free initial consultation.
TENACIOUS AND AGGRESSIVE REPRESENTATION
Car accident injury attorney Mark A. Kaire pursues every claim tenaciously. His determination to ensure his clients get the medical care they need means he never settles for less money than they deserve. He will take a case to court if the insurance company refuses to be fair.
Attorney Kaire is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, group of attorneys who have achieved verdicts or settlements for auto accidents of over $1 million and $2 million respectively for seriously injured or paralyzed clients.
THOROUGH INVESTIGATION OF EVERY PERSONAL INJURY CASE
Mr. Kaire personally ensures every case is thoroughly investigated for evidence and witnesses who can prove who was at fault. He also looks for every possible source of compensation, including the injured person's own insurance company in cases involving uninsured and underinsured motorists.
Our firm has handled hundreds of car accident cases such as:
- Rear end collision car accidents causing whiplash and lower leg injuries
- Rollover auto accidents causing head injuries and spinal cord injuries (paraplegia and quadriplegia)
- Collisions with trucks and commercial vehicles, which have often resulted in death to the car occupants.
Hire a auto accident lawyer you can trust to pursue fair compensation. Call our Miami law office toll free at 866-769-0123 for a free car accident lawyer consultation. You can also contact us online and we'll get back to you shortly to discuss your car accident.
Most Common Types of Injuries in Car Accidents (Source: LegalMatch)
Here is a list of the most common injuries sustained in automobile accidents along with the percentage of occurrence.
1) Neck Pain – 49%
2) Lower Back Pain – 42%
3) Headaches – 39%
4) Shoulder Pain – 37%
5) Upper Back Pain – 34%
6) Difficulty Sleeping – 31%
7) Anxiety – 25%
8) Cuts and Bruises – 20%
9) Loss of Feeling in Part of Body – 12%
10) Broken Bones – 10%
Most Common Car Related Injuries (Source: U.S. Department of Transportation)
This is a list that covers the most common automobile related injuries. The number of occurrences per year is listed next to each injury.
1) Injured By Slamming Door – 148,000
2) Overexertion from Pushing an Immobile Vehicle – 88,000
3) Falling While Getting In or Out of Car – 84,000
4) Injured When Hit by Car Backing Up – 74,000
5) Getting Cut By Piece of Metal on Car – 62,000
6) Straining While Getting In or Out of Car – 44,000
7) Injured by Door When Getting Out of Car – 36,000
8) Falling from Vehicle – 28,000
9) Injured by Flying Object Inside Car – 20,000
10) Radiator and Antifreeze Burns – 9,000
What to do if You are in a Car Accident in Miami
#1 Think about Being Safe
After a car accident you need to try and stay calm and call the police immediately. If you are anyone else has sustained an injury, then you will need to let the Miami dispatcher know that they need to send medical assistance. Be sure to turn on your emergency lights, and call a friend or family member to be a witness to the scene. Have the person you called to be your witness take detailed photos of the car accident scene.
#2 Collect Information on the Car Accident
You will want to obtain the information on the drivers involved along with any witnesses that saw the accident. This goes for everyone, which includes tourists who do not live in the Miami area. Take some time to get notes on the car position, weather, road conditions, time, place, and traffic violations. In addition to taking pictures of the accident, you will need to photograph all visible injuries. It is important that you also call your insurance company as soon as possible.
#3 Seek Medical Help after a Car Accident in Miami
After your accident you will want to seek medical attention immediately. There are many injuries that will not appear until hours or days after the accident. If this occurs, make an appointment with a specialist or visit the emergency room.
#4 Protect You Rights by Hiring a Miami Auto Accident Lawyer
Once you have tended to your immediate medical issues, it is important to contact a Miami car accident attorney like Mark Kaire so that his team can start investing the accident.
- Florida's Anti-Texting Law Is Not Good Enough After years of failing to pass legislation that would ban texting and driving, the Florida legislature finally passed a bill and joined the other 40 ....
- Benchmark For Drunk Drivers Could Be Lowered Its no secret that Impaired driving remains one of the biggest killers in the United States. In particular, drunk driving accidents in Miami and Miami ....
- The Florida Legislature Strikes Again Every year we sit back, like sheep to slaughter, and watch the Florida Legislature and Governor Rick Scott put their interests, ahead of the good ....